Hayman-Joyce is what used to be described as a ‘general practice’ firm – one which does not just sell houses, but deals with all aspects of property.
James Hayman-Joyce, who founded the business in 1991, has worked in general practice firms in the North Cotswolds since 1972, working in Winchcombe and Cheltenham before moving to Moreton-in-Marsh where he has practiced since 1976.
James is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS), a Fellow of the National Association of Estate Agents (FNAEA) and a Member of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (MARLA).
With assistance from his team his professional department handles:
- Advice on / and negotiation of rent reviews for all types of commercial property
- Management of commercial property
- Commercial leases and advice for landlords and tenants
- Valuations of residential, commercial and agricultural property for all purposes, including probate, matrimonial and Inheritance Tax.
- Planning and development appraisals
- Capital Gains Tax base date valuations. CGT is charged on the gain in the value of the property since 1982 and if property has been owned from before that date a back-dated 1982 valuation is required
- We hold records of all sales carried out by James Hayman-Joyce’s then business, Blinkhorn & Co., between 1981 and 1983, and we are therefore able to use these as comparables to carry out these specialised back-dated valuations.
- Membership of professional bodies gives our clients confidence in our abilities and security of their funds, which are always held in a separate Client Account monitored and regulated by RICS.
- All formal Red book property valuations are carried out by James Hayman-Joyce who is a RICS Registered Valuer.
- The firm carries a Professional Indemnity Insurance policy.